Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stroke Forum

Recovery in Right Side Paralytic Stroke

Must Read
What happens during a stroke? What increases your chances of having a stroke? Stroke basics and info on the two types of stroke here....
Strokes can happen with virtually no warning signs. Learn the symptoms of stroke so that you can take immediate action in case of emergency....
Dear Sir,

My father got Paralytic stroke due to high Blood Pressure and his right side affected from it. It took 15 days to get physical stability i.e. SPO2, Blood Pressure, fever. Doctor discharged him from hospital and asked to give physiotherapy treatment. Now almost one month is over. Today only he fold his right leg very little.

My question is that when will he be able to speak and Walk properly??Please advice us the way to have his fast recovery.

Please guide me on this.

Amit Soni
Asst. Engineer
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2011
Hello, and thank you for your medical question on e Health Forum.

There is no faster way, to help the correct the brain damage that occurs due to a stroke. The time taken for recovery may take a few months to a few years, or the changes might be irreversible.

Symptoms and disability following a stroke vary greatly depending on factors such as the part of the brain affected, how quickly treatment was given, and the extent of the damage to the brain

Stroke rehabilitation is a very important part of recovery for stroke patients. It helps build your strength, coordination, endurance and confidence. In stroke rehabilitation, patients may work on how to move, talk, think and care for yourself. The goal of stroke rehabilitation is to help you learn how to do things that you did before the stroke.

Regular physiotherapy, stretching exercises, will be very important in the process to gain full recovery.

You may consult a neurologist and a physiotherapist for future interventions and treatment.

|

replied June 29th, 2011
Stroke, right side paralyzed, brain clot, throat is also paralyz
Sir,
Last week my dad has got stroke and his right side is paralyzed. His throat is also paralyzed. He is unable to swallow the food. Right now the liquid is consumed through nose.

His report says ...
1) right side haemaephilia
2) acute infarct
3) few lacunar ischemic foci in the bilateral cerebral hemisphere
4) periventricular white matter ischemia
5) cerebral atrophy
6) Liver Cirrhosis

Please let me know what treatment is good for him and how soon he can recover.

Also what kind of bed is good for paralyzed patients ?

Genrose
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2011
I am hemiplegic, and find that a donated used hospital bed has helped a lot, i needed the firm mattress for my back and being a single width bed reduces the work of getting situated.... I always have a side near me that I can use to pull myself over and roll, being able to sit withe the top lifted is my body comfy to work on my laptop and read a book. You should be careful with the following but having an electric blanket on low between my blankets has saved me in the winter, since my reduced circulation in my effected limbs made it impossible for my body to stat warm irregardless the number of layers I had on or the temp in the room. Hope this helps.... Be blessed. Deb
|

replied June 29th, 2011
Sir,
Last week my dad has got stroke and his right side is paralyzed. His throat is also paralyzed. He is unable to swallow the food. Right now the liquid is consumed through nose.

His report says ...
1) right side haemaephilia
2) acute infarct
3) few lacunar ischemic foci in the bilateral cerebral hemisphere
4) periventricular white matter ischemia
5) cerebral atrophy
6) Liver Cirrhosis

Please let me know what treatment is good for him and how soon he can recover.

Also what kind of bed is good for paralyzed patients ?

Genrose
|

replied July 6th, 2012
Recovery time
My father got rigt side paralytic attack on 03 March 2012.In spite of going through proper medication and tests regularly done, he cannot talk freely the way he used to speak earlier.Also, while walking, he gets swelling on his palm.His right hand still doesnt work.Kindly advise.
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stroke , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.