Medical Questions > Mental Health > Self Injury Forum

Recovery from cutting

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
i'm looking for someone to talk to who has recovered from cutting long-term. I have been cutting 8 years now with a gradual decrease in frequency for about three years now. Cutting still seems to come up at least once a year and I'm getting drained from it and just need to know there is hope of completely stopping. I have been thinking about it so much lately and when the thoughts come I can only hold out for so long until it consumes me and I cave into the temptation.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 13th, 2010
Supporter
YES!!!!!There is hope..Hope is what I live by..

It would be good for you to get a councelor so you can talk it all out..Whatever is happening to you to open up this old wound? If you want to talk you can PM..K
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Recovery
Quick Reply