Hi everyone. I'm new to the gluten-free diet. Anyway, A few months ago, my mom made a delicious cake recipe (one that I know my husband would love). I would love to make it but now that I'm on a gluten-free diet, I'm sure it isn't a "safe" thing to eat. Is there any way that I can make it into a gluten free recipe? I've listed the ingredients below and THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP!!!!
- a package (18 1/2 oz) butter-flavor cake mix with pudding. I bought the same one my mom used which is "Betty Crocker's SuperMoist "Butter Recipe Yellow" and the front of the box says "As always...Pudding in the mix!"
- 1/2 cup oil
- 4 eggs
- cans or plastic containers of mandarin oranges. You only use 11oz of the oranges. Then you drain the container and save the juice.
- 20 oz can of crushed pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding (the 4 serving size)
- a minimum of 1 cup of cool whip
For the cake:
Grease the bottom of a 9x13 cake pan. Prepare the cake mix using the mix, juice from the mandarin oranges, oil and eggs. After beating the ingredients together for 2 minutes, fold in the mandarin oranges. Bake in a 325 degree oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (my mom's oven takes approx 35 minutes so you just have to check it frequently and play it by ear to see how long it will take it your oven). Let the cake cool completely before putting on the frosting.
For the Frosting:
- In a bowl stir together one 20-ounce can of crushed pineapple in pineapple juice and 1 package (4 serving size) of vanilla instant pudding. Fold in 1 cup of thawed frozen whipped topping. (It's okay to use more than one cup if you like a lot of frosting and would like it to be thicker on the cake.) The completed cake must be stored in the refrigerator.