Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

really intense case of vertigo!

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi,

I'm a 42 year old, fairly healthy guy, about 25 pounds overweight, but just lost 10.

Ok, so I wake up yesterday morning and get out of bed as I do every morning. All of a sudden I get this really intense case of vertigo, I could not keep my balance and fell back on the bed. Holy smokes, what was that? Well, in less than I minute I felt fine, got up and went about my day. About 4:00 or so I was feeling tired but otherwise fine and figured I'd take a cat nap, well I plop down on the bed and WHAM! it hits me again. Only lasted maybe twenty seconds.

Fast forward to this morning and the same exact thing happened. Got out of bed, WHAM! forced myself to step back and fall on the bed again. This afternoon I decided to do a little experiment. I laid down this afternoon for about 30 minutes and very slowly rolled over to get up.. and WHAM! it happened again. Once it went away I very slowly got to my feet and felt a little dizzy, but it went away fast and my balance was ok. As I write this I feel a little bit of that vertigo just sitting and hardly moving my head. Everything I've read said it's probably Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) and to give it a few days to see if it goes away before I see my doctor. Should I see my doctor yet or see if it passes?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|