Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Really depressed student

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
I am a college student, have no close friends, parents are divorced and often depressed about my life.. My biggest fear is living my whole life all alone..

I just can't seem to "click" with anyone, no matter how hard I tried..I often have trouble thinking of something to say in a conversation..

I don't know what I want to do with my life. I often have no motivation to do anything..Life just seems so dreary and mundane..

So I guess my question is.. do you feel the same? Why do we go on living?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 4th, 2009
Experienced User
lifereallysucks89,

I have had my periods in life where I have felt depressed (but probably not clinically depressed) and this is normal for most people. I can see that you are feeling down because, as you say, you can't seem to click with others in conversation, and let's face it, communication with others is an important facet of our lives.

You're worried that you don't know what to do with your life, while when I was a student I really didn't know what I was going to do either and it is hard to get motivated until you find something that really interests you.

Don't be so hard on yourself. If you need to talk to someone, then send me a private message or we can talk on this forum, but I believe that if you discuss what is on your mind and we delve into those things that you like in the world, you may be able to find the purpose that you seek and begin to see the path you are to follow.

Keep in touch, we care.

Wendy
|

replied September 5th, 2009
Depression....
I feel exactly the same as you. Hang in there, you'll make it. I hope I can too.
|

replied November 8th, 2009
Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what I'm feeling. Recently, I've been getting many headaches to the point where i hav come to expect them. I am EASILY irritable and I feel that I am soon going to explode. I feel like a ticking time bomb. I am just so angry and I really don't know how to continue to manage it. I think the anger is a result of having to always keep my emotions inside. Lately I'vbe been going to sleep at 6 o'clock which is very early for me since I usually go to bed around 11. i just get so exhausted. Sometime out of no where i feel like crying on the spot and i don't understand where it stems from. what do you think?
|

replied January 20th, 2013
Help!
I don't know how do I start. I've been depressed for the past few years. I can't really get along with my family. I often argue with my parents and siblings. I'm the second child in my family. i have an elder brother and younger sister.I just don't know why sometimes I'll be so angry with them. I don't like how they treat me as I find them bias when they treat me differently from my other siblings. My brother used to treat me very well and care about me very much last time but everything changed since my younger sister exist. Now he's been ignoring me since we last quarrelled for the past 5 years. I feel really heartbroken. I hate them so much. I have friendship problem too. I don't have a close friend to share all my problems. Eventhough I can consider one of my friend as my closest friend but she once told out my secret I told her earlier. This made me lose trust on her including the people around me. I can't really click with the people in my college now and I feel left out in my college. I've lost interest in studies too. I find my life is becoming more and more depressing.
|