Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Really Dark Brown Bleeding 10 days before period! HELP ME

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
-My period started on 2/3
-officially ended (as in no more blood) on 2/13.
-next period is expected to start 3/3-5, so as of today I'm on week 3 of my cycle
-My periods are normally very VERY heavy, a deep red with blood clots
-have been having thin clear discharge for over a month

The day after my period ended (10 days ago), I fooled around with a guy there was no penetration, but I might have come into contact with some pre-ejaculation. I didn't feel like I ovulated until yesterday (I had backache and I think some minor cramps), and my period isnt supposed to come on until a exactly week from today.

3 days ago I woke up, stood up and felt what seemed to be my period starting- upon inspection I saw that my underwear had a very large (bigger than a half dollar) circle of red (fresh?) blood, with the border being surrounded by a clear wetness that *soaked* through my panties. An hour or so later I started bleeding a *dark* brown blood; I discovered some blood clots in my vagina (that were going to be expelled) & more 'blood', which was very thick & mixed with mucus (?) and was a faded, lighter shade of the dark brown. It started in the morning and ended at night, and repeated for 2, 3 days. After the first day, ALL of the blood was dark DARK brown, it was mixed with mucus, none of it was red, and I was still expelling blood clots. It only very faintly smelled like blood.

I keep hearing about spotting, but what I was going through was heavier than "a few spots on underwear/can be easily wiped off with tissue". The first day it felt like a "splat" like a ball of liquid burst right in the entrance of my vagina onto my panties, then the next few days were just deep-dark brown blood with the clots in it. I had to wear a pad, NOT a panty liner. Normally I have to wear regular strength to heavy pads when I'm on my period.

Today, 4 days later, it seems to have stopped, but this is my first time experiencing this EVER, and I'm faintly worried that there's a 1% chance I'm pregnant. It could also be stress, or uterine fibroids, seeing as my mother had/has them as well. Maybe it's breakthrough bleeding?

Please help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|