Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

reacurrent acid burning in throat

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
i keep getting burning in my throat both night and day every day for the past two weeks sometimes making me feel sick what coud be causing this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper kirbman1
|

replied January 5th, 2009
reaccurrent acid burning in throat
i gaurentee you this is GERD gastro esophageal reflux disease, go to the store and get prilosec OTC 20 mg omaperazole tablets take and see if it helps, also try tums, maalox, or other calcium antacids, if this worsens go to the doctor.
|

replied January 5th, 2009
thank you i hope it clears up will defo check out the medicine u suggested cheers
|

replied November 1st, 2009
Acid Reflux
the post was useful because it is nice to know I am not the only person with this issue. My doctor asked me how do you know it is acid. I can taste it. It is leaving blisters in my mouth. She told me to increase my nexium and take malanta as directed and use pepsid at bedtime. This has not improved my symptoms. Now she wants me to take ragland. I want to try a different acid blocker before I go to that. Has anyone used acidphex?
|

replied November 15th, 2009
I been on aciphex for years it worked while nexium didnt.
I go to a gastrologist for my acid reflux and have an endoscopy done every 2 to 3 years. Just a precaution to make sure I dont have cancer of the esophagus or stomach, Sometimes they have found a polyp in my stomach,

The best info is to Google GERD or acid reflux. There is alot of info out there telling you what to avoid. Also telling you to raise the head of your bed. Avoid acids, carbonation, caffiene and the list goes on,

Educating yourself by researching and reading is the best way to go.

I just say a lawyer ad on TV about Ragland and to call them about side effects. I have never had problems with aciohex that I know of

Another thing a person can do is right before you eat take an anti acid, like gaviscon or even a tums to neutrilize the stomach.

Good Luck
|

User Profile
replied November 20th, 2009
I never get Acid reflux. I mean Ive had it before but barely bothered me. But now on 21st nov at 00:20 I got the worst acid reflux eva! I was watching tv and I just had a tiny cough or something and I just tasted sick and my throat was burning like crazy!
When I breathe in, its like when its really cold outside and that feeling like when you breathe in you have to cough. Its horrible, it was just out of nowhere. I was tempted to go to the walk-in centre. (sort of doctor/hospital) I still got it now 01:01. I feel like I need to be sick but Im scared if I do its just gonna be acid and gonna burn like crazy. So I just going to go to bed.
But how come it was just so sudden? and so bad?
I ran upstairs and told my mum, (she was asleep) all she said was drink water. Before I went to her I drunk 2-3 cups of water and had some Bi-sadol, which is like a rennie, chalk for intergestion and stuff, which never helped. But Oh My God! the pain. Hope anybody can help. Cheers, night.
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2011
Aloe Vera Juice
Listen. I had Acid reflux and I had it BAD. So bad it would make me want to throw up. The medicine that your doctor is having you take can work, but I have read to side effects on that stuff, and let me tell you, i'd rather have acid reflux. There are OTHER more natural ways to rid yourself of GERD. Many people say Drink Apple cider vinegar . I haven't tried that but i have tried Aloe Vera Juice, and as long as you are not allergic I strongly suggest you give it a shot. I SWEAR BY THIS STUFF. I really think it helps heal. It is amazing! I drink some right before bed, and right when I wake up. I can even drink Root Beer and eat tacos again lol. I think It even helped me with my weight. I am only 150 to begin with, but I went down to 143 about a month after taking the stuff. I get my aloe from iherb.com. I get the stuff in the pink bottle.
|
Quick Reply