Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

reactive hypoglycemia symptons anyone have this ?

i have stubbled across this web site looking for new information on reactive hypoglcemia which i have been diagnosed with by my doctor
i really wouldnt wish my symptons upon anyone only 6 months ago i was going to the gym people would say i was addicted to it id lost 4 stone on a diet and was loving life . . .
NOW i dont go and never seem to even have the energy its like its taken me over i never know what each day will bring me its a good job ive a understanding family who will jump in and help when my fatigue is so bad i cant lift my head !!yesterday i had a fantastic day and cleaned the house
today is not good headaches fatigue nervousness hunger pangs runny nose and swollen eyes cant concentrate so this may take a while to do !!! just want to go back to bed or lay on the sofa but i fight it and try to do
something its very frustrating because ive stopped forward planning my life as i never know what kinda day im going to have
symptons include

heart palpitation or fibrillation
fatigue
dizziness
light-headedness
sweating
headaches
depression
nervousness
irritability
tremors
flushing
craving sweets
increased appetite
nausea, vomiting
panic attack
numbness/coldness feet and hands
confusion
mood swings
anger outbursts
blurred vision

my doctor has asked me to do a detox which is quite an extreme detox
any white meat
any vegetable/fruit
green tea or water

NO FATS NO SALT NO SUGAR NO DAIRY PRODS

if anyone else also suffers please reply as i feel im going mad !!!

Read more: Hypoglycemia Forum - symptons http://ehealthforum.com/health/symptons-t3 38267.html#ixzz1qbptTYcH
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 31st, 2012
I feel your pain, a month ago i hiked 4 miles up a mountain covered in snow, now going up the stairs from my basement isn't easy. I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia after a blood test, the doctor emailed my diagnosis, told me to eat protein mixed with carbs, and that was it. Thank God I can research this on the internet and find books, but it's depressing, not being able to eat or drink what I want, the dizziness I get after I eat or if I don't eat, and all the other symptoms. I feel like my life has hit a brick wall, all I can do is ask God to help me thru this.
|

replied April 2nd, 2012
its like playing russian roulette with food !!!
im going back to the gym tonight see if i can kick start the endorphin glands again !!
i take some vits which i had researched heres a list for you and some good food stuff that stablizes blood sugar
i will also include what there for etc as im doing a journal for my doctor as im there guinea pig GREAT not . . . .

Magnesium 300mg
Magnesium is an essential mineral and is the second most abundant nutrient which is stored in body tissue. Although the benefits of Magnesium are some what overlooked in modern diets, it plays a key role in numerous bodily functions It is believed by some experts that Magnesium is necessary for normal energy metabolism, normal nerve and muscle function and the normal structure of bones and teeth.

Vitamin B6 10mg
Vitamin B6 is thought to be necessary for transporting iron around the body, which is essential for normal immune function and energy production

Korean Ginseng 800mg & Ginkgo Biloba 3000mg ( can be bought seperatley or combined )
Approximately 20% of Britons suffer from intense fatigue that interferes with their daily lives.
Ginkgo Biloba is highly acclaimed for its powerful antioxidant properties. It is widely believed that it can be beneficial for those who suffer from cold hands and feet as it may help to support normal circulation to the extremities. For this reason it has also been suggested that Ginkgo Biloba may help to maintain memory in the short-term. It is believed to work synergistically when used in combination with Korean Ginseng. Our high quality stimulating extract guarantees 26mg of potent amounts of active principles within Ginseng, which are known as Ginsenosides; far more than the high street!

Vitamin c & Zinc
Vitamin C is thought to be necessary for the normal structure and function of connective tissue, such as that required for normal gums, skin, healing processes, bone and cartilage.
Vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, is one of the most essential elements of any diet. This essential vitamin has received huge media attention and its beneficial health-related properties have been comprehensively researched, particularly in relation to the immune system. It is thought by some that Vitamin C may help contribute to cell protection from the damage caused by free radicals. Vitamin C also contributes to the absorption of iron from food.

Zinc An essential mineral thought to help maintain a healthy immune system and healthy skin, by reducing the damage caused by free radicals. At Simply Supplements we choose to use Zinc Citrate to other forms as this is easily absorbed in the body.
Doctors and nutritionists have long known that Zinc is an essential mineral which is needed by the human body for overall health and wellbeing. The body uses zinc to strengthen the immune system. What’s more, zinc is also believed to contribute to normal reproductive development and the normal structure of skin and wound healing.

Food spices etc
Ground Turmeric powder
What is turmeric?
Turmeric grows as a shrub in India and tropical parts of Asia. The roots are ground up to make turmeric. Its active ingredient is a substance called curcumin and it is bright yellow. This bright yellow spice has medicinal properties as well as adding its pungent color and taste to many delicious dishes.

Ayurvedic medicine has used this spice as a whole body cleanser, an aid for digestion, and in treatments for fevers, infections, liver and gall bladder problems and arthritis. It may even help to burn fat, and is also very effective as a preventative for heart disease, and Alzheimer’s.

The rich stores of antioxidants are very effective against the free radicals which contribute to premature aging, disease and cancer. Many natural practitioners actually recommend turmeric when a potent antioxidant is needed
Turmeric has been used in India for thousands of years as a dye, as a spice for dishes, and also in traditional Indian Ayurvedic medicine. Turmeric has some of the world’s most powerful fat-burning and healing qualities of any food or spice. It is a potent anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial substance.
As an anti-inflammatory it has been used effectively for a treatment for all types of osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and for joint pain.

Garlick Granules
Researchers have been trying to find cures for cancer for years now, and the health benefits of garlic rank high among the studies done to fight this disease. As mentioned before, the benefits of garlic include boosting the immune system and may have some properties required to fight cancer. Reports have shown that garlic contains properties that help prevent the growth of cancerous cells in the body. Some components of garlic have proven to block cancer from forming or slow the growth and reduce the size of existing tumors. The health benefits of garlic have been particularly successful against breast, stomach, prostate and bladder cancer. Crushing a clove of garlic releases compounds called diallye disulphide and s-allycystein, the compounds believed to prevent carcinogens from destroying breast cell

Ground Cinnamon
Cinnamon May Improve Type 2 Diabetes and Insulin Resistance
This is the news that is most exciting for people who respond to low-carb diets, since most (or at least a substantial percentage) of us are probably insulin resistant or diabetic. Several studies have shown improved insulin sensitivity and blood glucose control by taking as little as teaspoon of cinnamon per day. Improving insulin resistance can help in weight control as well as decreasing the risk for heart disease, so this has a lot of people interested. Although the results of preliminary studies are somewhat mixed, the majority of the research seems to be pointing in the direction of cinnamon being beneficial. Along with the improvement in blood sugar, these studies have documented improvements in triglycerides, blood pressure, and LDL cholesterol.

No Salt a salt substitute
Prewett’s NoSalt is a revolutionary new salt substitute which is virtually sodium free. It is made up of entirely natural ingredients and has none of the bitter aftertaste normally associated with salt replacers. In fact, Prewett’s NoSalt has all the flavour of salt, but with almost none of the sodium.

these are a just a few of the things i add all the time to my cooking

i hope this will also help you too . .
potato seems to be my worst enemy as the carbs in this turn to sugar too quickly so i now eat sweet potatoes
|

replied April 26th, 2012
I feel like I am going mad, too, so I'm with you. The worst thing for me is that I never know what kind of day I will have. I haven't yet been able to find a food trigger. I feel as if the triggers is not WHAT I am eating, but just the fact THAT I am eating. My blood sugars are still mostly normal. I'm not even to prediabetic range yet, but they say it's reactive hypoglycemia. I'm trying low dose Metformin to see if it will jump start the insulin but it hasn't made the extreme hunger after eating any better. It is, unfortunately, causing some low blood sugars so I may stop it.
|