Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Postpartum and Postnatal Forum

3rd baby 6 weeks ago, and have a mucusy discharge?

User Profile
I just had my 3rd baby 6 weeks ago, and now have a mucusy discharge that has a pink tint to it. I stopped bleeding after about 2 weeks, but still had a brown discharge for about another week. I started having [unprotected] sex again after 2 weeks, and everything has been fine so far - no pain or bleeding. This is about how it went with my 1st 2 babies as well. Bled for 3 weeks, except sex waited till about 3 weeks with the first 2.
I am nursing, but with my 1st baby, I had a period while I was nursing.

I haven't been feeling any pain or cramping at all.
It is a clear mucus with a slight pink tint. I am on no medications or birth control. I am in a committed relationship and have been for over 4 yrs now.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 21st, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A31848
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The light spotting/discharge could suggest chances of repeat pregnancy (if you are sexually active without protection), infective causes, hormonal changes etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination and further evaluation to look for the underlying cause for the abnormal spotting/discharge that you describe. Treatment as needed (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms and regulate your periods. Consider being in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Postpartum and Postnatal , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.