Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Raw cracked open skin on inner hood.. white spots on clit?!!!

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
Hii im 16, only had sex 4 times ALL PROTECTED.
i recently noticed that the inner part of my clit has white bumps ( i have always had these)
so i scratched this one because it looked larger in size.. then it bled. i looked today and it has white little pieces of skin hanging off....like i scratched really hard or something.
then i checked again and there is like dry raw looking skin at the top of my hood (inner part of lips)...i Then looked around my clit and there was another white spot, not its red and swollen..it just seems to be a buildup of white discharge or something...someone please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper monofobicgirl
|

replied July 9th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
monofobicgirl, you need to wash around your clitoris and under the hood. The white discharge is most likely smegma, a mixture of dead skin cells and skin oil. Use clean water to wash your clitoris and vulva. Pull your lips open and wash between the folds and creases. (Do not use anything scented or strong soap on your genitals, just clean water)
|

replied July 10th, 2010
Is it bad?!?? Like am I stuck with this 4 life
|

replied July 10th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Yes, it is natural and normal. You have to wash your vulva and clitoris (including under the hood) regularly. Unfortunately most mothers does not teach their daughters to do that. Not pulling the hood back and washing can even cause adhesions which are pretty nasty.

Some other pointers, change your pads regularly, dab your vulva dry with a towel after shower/bath/swim, wipe from the front to the back on the toilet to prevent bacteria from your anus from getting into your vulva, wear panties with cotton crotches and sleep without panties some nights.

Since you are now sexually active, you are supposed to have your first ObGyn visit.

If it does not get better, speak to your doctor.
|

replied July 11th, 2010
I checked again. And there are more larger cracked spots I'm kinda worried.... My vagina hole is extreamly itchy
|

replied July 11th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
Are you sure you do not have a yeast infection as well? Yeast is a chunky white cottage cheese like discharge from your vagina - with lots of itching.
|

replied July 11th, 2010
I honestly have no idea..... That's why I asked... Could the cracked spots be bad,? Any home remodys??
|

replied July 11th, 2010
and yes white discharge....and chunky.
itchy as hell,
|

replied July 12th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
It is time for the Monistat treatment (or whatever they have in your part of the world). Stay away from the 1 day treatments as they are less effective by all reports.

Yeast normally comes from some scented or sweetened products around your vagina. So stay away from douches, scented pads and tampons, scented soaps, fruit or candy down there, sprays, wash your hands when you masturbate. Remember that clean water is your vagina and vulva's friend. Cut sugars from your diet when possible and eat natural yogurt with live cultures.

If you have any chance that you can have diabetes, speak to your doctor about controlling yeast infections that might occur regularly.
|

replied July 13th, 2010
well. the spots on my hood re painful. and here was lie toliet paper stuck in a crevasse in my clit, so i tried getting it out, ad another slit i seen was under it, i think im irriated by something, maybe the discharge, uz when i look theres white discharges around the spots on my hood. like they look like dry slits, which hurt when stretched
|

replied July 13th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
How did the toilet paper get there? Did you wash everything like I suggested?
|

replied July 14th, 2010
i have no idea...and yes i did, this was the day before i did it that i found toilet paper there
|

replied July 14th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
So my advice will be to stop touching and irritating it for a week. If it is not better, see your doctor.

Your clitoris does not secrete anything. Smegma is the only issue. You may however have an UTI, bacterial infection (BV) or yeast infection that will irritate your clitoris. Your doctor can diagnose this and treat it
|

replied July 14th, 2010
ya that sounds very informative thank you Smile
another question now that i have ur attention. i feel nausea at random times of the day, but i dont puke. i dont eat alot cuz i work. but when i do i eat a good portion. and im kinda worried what could be wrong?
|

replied July 17th, 2010
the place where my the cracked skin is, it healed for a day then it came back 2 days afer...please give me some insite
|