Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Infectious Diseases Forum

Rashes around tattoo

Must Read
Learn the basics about skin health, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing a skin disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for various skin disorders....
I had a tattoo about 2weeks ago and everything seems fine...no swelling,no much itching and no pain....its almost back to normal skin after the parts have shed out.

Now i noticed some stuffs like rashes/acne on my arms round the tattoo and it sems to be spreading.....wat is it and what can i do about it?

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
After two weeks it's not likely an allergy. It's also sort of slow for an infection. You should see an infectious reaction to a wound within 48 hours but it may not have been visible because of the ink. An infection would cause the Tat scars to heal more slowly than expected and would normally make the skin around the tattoo uncomfortably warm. It's possible something got into the Tattoo while it was healing.

If nothing else to protect your tattoo you want to have someone that can see this rash evaluate what's going on. Start by going to the tattoo parlor. They are going to be your best source for information about what an infection from tat work looks like, they have a lot of knowledge about treating bad tattoo reactions and they are responsible for your health in regards to the work they did.
If you are at all unsatisfied or unconfident with the advice you get from the tattoo artist don't hesitate to see a doctor. Fungal or Bacterial infections can do much much worse than mess up your tattoo. Take this rash seriously.
|

replied November 14th, 2011
i have the same thing if you find anything out let me know.
|

replied February 9th, 2012
does your tattoo include black or grey shading? do you know what brand of ink was used? and what part of the country did you get your tattoo?
|