Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Rash on legs - red splotches

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
User Profile
Alright, I'm not exactly sure what it is but I'll describe it as best I can. The rash that I keep getting every now and then looks like a light hickey of some sort. There's red splotches of small dots that looks like blood is coming to the surface, in a small area. It's ichy at first but then goes away and the splotche stays for a few days. I wasn't concerned at first but now they keep popping up, just on my legs. Any ideas as to what this is? Should I be concerned?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 31st, 2009
Itchy legs = Torture!
I'm not sure but I get the exact same thing. It started about 2 weeks ago small and has come and gone twice already, growing in size each time. It seems the hotter I get the worse it is, not fun in 107 degree weather. Sweat seems to make it itch more, as well as direct sun. I dunno what this is other than torture! I thought at first it was sun rash that I used to get as a kid. However if it is, this is a severe form. Then I thought it was poison oak, but treatment did nothing. From the back of my knees down to my ankles, itchy and sore if touched with warm or hot water.
|

replied August 2nd, 2009
Itchy legs
Hello Redski, what you describe sounds exactly like the symptoms my brother-in-law has had for years. Back of the knee to the ankles. He was diagnosed with eczema. I myself had it throughout my youth into my early twenties then it disapeered aside from an occational small patch here or there in very hot weather. Now my five year old daughter suffers from it (inside the elbow joint and back of the knees and calfs). Oatmeal baths and cream after bathing treat it very well. I hope you find relief, I know how bad it feels. Here is a web address describing the condtion.

http://www.medicinenet.com/eczema/article. htm
|
Tags: rash, skin, best light
Quick Reply