Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Rash and swelling on face

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
User Profile
I don't know what's going on. I have redness around my mouth, I have a rash on both sides of my face and under my chin. My face looks swollen all the way around; it starts under my ears. I also have a rash just under my chest on boths sides and on both sides of my back(there is much more irritation on my back than my front).

I have not changed toothpaste, face creams, detergent, bodywash, or my diet.

What do you think I have?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2010
Allergies Answer A11100
Thank you for your question on ehealthforum.com

It is very likely that you developed some kind of allergic reaction to any substance/article which you came into contact with recently. As you mentioned it could be products of rodents or house hold articles.

The extent of rash you have may also signify one of those several dermatological conditions which produce rash on face and body. It could be atopic or contact dermatitis.

It is ok to take some over the counter medicines like cetirizine while you are waiting for the doctor's appointment. Thank you

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Allergies , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.