Medical Questions > Cancer > Liver Cancer Forum

Rare type of liver cancer ?

Must Read
The liver is the largest organ of the body. What happens when liver cells start to overgrow? What types of liver cancer can develop?...
Most of the time, liver cancer does not originate in the liver but has spread from other parts of the body. Learn what puts you at risk of this serious disease....
Symptoms of liver cancer may go unnoticed in the early stages of the disease. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of cancer here....
Hello, I am looking for information on a type of cancer that my stepdad's doctors informed him he has today. I'm unsure of the name at this moment, but his doctors said that there is only ONE other known/reported case of this type of cancer he has. And it was a person in Japan who had it. I've tried researching but came up with nothing. Anyone have any idea where I can find information on this cancer? His doctors basically know nothing of this type of cancer, or how to treat it.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 18th, 2010
Unfortunately, there are over 150 different types of cancer. So, you would have to obtain the name of the cancer from his doctors before I can try and help you.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Liver Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.