Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Rapid heart beat while lying down

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
Dear Doctors,
I've got this rapid heart beat while lying down just ready for bed. Even though I'm very tired this very fast heart beating had made me hard to sleep. I have to get up again for at least couple hours and then I'm able to sleep again.
However, my husband and I have been trying for babies just recently and this irregular heart beat has just begun since then. Does that mean I'm pregnant or have I got a heart disease?? My next period is not due for another week, that means this will still bother me for at least one more week. Sad
I've also been taking folic acid as I've been told this would be good during pregnancy or trying to get pregnant. Would this be part of the reason?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
cc13579
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 29th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Rapid heart beat can be experienced during an early pregnancy.
Still, the cause can be due to anxiety and stress, or it could be due to anemia or overactive thyroid gland.

Best wishes!
Marija
|
Did you find this post helpful?