Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Random Stinging Pain in Vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
Hello!

I am a relatively healthy 25-year old.

Let me get straight to the point: in the last few days I've been experiencing a random stinging pain in the entrance of my vagina. It lasts only a split second and it occurs 4-5 times a day. It's not too bad, it feels like someone is poking me with a needle for a split second and then everything is ok.

Note that I am experiencing no other symptoms.

On closer inspection, my vagina and vulva don't seem to be inflammed or swollen, i am experiencing no itch or burning sensation, there are no bumps or rashes and my discharge is rather normal (a bit more than usual but transparent, watery and odor-free).

I am experiencing no pain in urination or during sex.

My OB is out of town till next week. I managed to talk to her on the phone and she said that it could be minor cuts -like paper cuts- on the inside lining of my vagina, caused by sex. Or nerve pain. My mother, on the other hand, said that she had only had such a sensation when she was pregnant. Could I be pregnant and not know???

What could this be?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nefeli
|

User Profile
replied November 13th, 2011
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the cause for your symptom (stinging pain in vaginal opening) and chances of pregnancy, without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation (as needed based on examination findings). You should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as appropriate (based on the examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you regulate your periods.
If pregnancy is suspected, look out for development of any other new symptoms suggestive of pregnancy. Wait and watch for your periods. If you do not get your periods within 10 days of expected period dates, or if you get abnormal/altered periods, or if you suspect chances of pregnancy, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for at the earliest for thorough examination (to confirm pregnancy related changes/signs in body) and blood/serum HCG level test (to confirm/rule out pregnancy accurately). Be in regular monitoring and follow-up of your treating doctor/gynecologist. Take adequate rest. Drink plenty of water. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.