Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Random Stabbing pains

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
Hello, I am a 27 year old female. Overweight. Not sure if that will help.

I've developed mild, tolerable pain in my abdomen starting on Tuesday night. It started in the middle of my abdomen, going to both sides of my ribs, left and right. Few days later, a T shaped pain started to come with the random stabbing pains. Starting from the belly button and up again to the middle going to both sides of my ribs. I have been passing gas more frequently and urinating more. But I am not sure of my urination is due to my increased level of drinking water. It's worse at night and after I eat. It goes away when I'm in a comfortable position then it comes back when I suddenly move. The longest it didn't act up always about 30 minutes. Other than that.. It comes and goes about every 3-5 minutes lasting for about 2-4 seconds each. Not painful most times but there's always that one time where it hurts. Maybe 6 out of 10. 10 being most painful. The others are about 2 out of 10. I still eat as I normally do, I don't have loss of appetite, I still get hungry during the right times. I have not had constipation, I poop about 1-2 times a day. The first one being the most and the 2nd one being a light poop. At one point I got this throbbing, pulsing feel on the upper right abdomen, just under my breast. Only happened once.

I took pepto yesterday hoping it would go away but it didn't. It only caused me to have diarrhea this morning. I'm not sure if pepto was the cause though. Never had diarrhea until I took pepto. I'm waiting it out to see if It goes away, hoping its just bad gas but pepto gave me a heads up that it isn't just gas. If it doesn't go away by Tuesday, I'll have to schedule an appt with my doctor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|