Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

random periods

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
im 14. this is embarassing but, i have a really random period. Sometimes i get it twice a month, sometimes i dont have it for a month and a half to 3months. And no, i dont have sex. sometimes i have big clots, and it makes me very uncomfortable. it worries me when in health class they say your period is suppose to happen every 28days for 5 days then stop for ovulation, when mine last for 1-2 weeks. help please!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 12th, 2008
Experienced User
How long have you been having your periods for? For the first 24 months (sometimes longer) after getting your periods it is completly normal to have irregular periods. In fact it would be strange if straight away your periods became clockwork. In the first 2 years after beginning your period your body is still getting use to such a big milestone. Don't worry unless you have already had your periods for 3 years then you may need to look at your diet which also affects menstrual cycles. But if you have only gotten your periods in the last 2 or even 3 years then don't worry your body will sort itself out.
|

k
Its coming up to 3 years. And geez i hope so. its so stressful. how do us girls do it! party
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Its always been like that has it? Yeah my guess is it will work itself out, but maybe is worth going to a doctor just to get everything checked out to make sure its not anything long term. Good luck dear.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
You're young...you're still going through puberty. And puberty is lots of fun with your body.

It's going to be annoying for awhile. I'll take a stab and say you'll start seeing a normal cycle around 16 (POSSIBLY sooner). I would continue to keep track of it though so when it does start being a regular cycle, you'll know.
|
Quick Reply