Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Random periods

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Last week (August 2) I started having a really light but late period and as the day passed, it got heavier till I was at what I call normal the next day. It was heavy for about 2 or 3 days and then got light again (signaling to me that my period was almost done as usual).

Weird thing is, that it hasn't really stopped light bleeding until now and it hasn't got any lighter.

This year I've been having short semi-heavy periods from 2-3 days (and a littile light bleeding the next day) so I'm really wondering why I'm having a period that could probably last longer than a week.

So what's up with this long period? It's kind of freaking me out.

Extra Info:
- My last period was July 2 so I was freaking out that my period was late Shocked
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 9th, 2008
Hmmmmm....
Well I dont think your pregnant. But If you were it would early prgnancy bleeding. If you have had sex the past month I say take a HPT. If not then, see a doctor. If you were on the pill and got off this would also trigger your irregularties. If not, once again I suggest see a doctor. Vaginal bleeding for a long time could indicate theres a problem.
|

replied August 9th, 2008
HOLY BEEP.

what?? But I had a regular period last time and the month before thattt. The last time I had sex (actually more like fool around for a minute or two no exaggeration) was June 28 and I had my period on July 2 (a day earlier then it should have been according to my 28-day cycle) o_o

-freaks out-

y'know I was'nt at all expecting that reply.
|

replied August 9th, 2008
Im pretty sure u wasnt expecting that. lol I dnt mean to frighten you. But there are plenty other reasons you could be irregular. Like unusual stress,or sometimes your period just gets off track. If you have been being regular for a while your period probaly just reset its self. sounds weird i know. but it happens...things change. Also, if you had sex/fooled around...if it was intercourse whether it was two min or two hours you could have gotten pregnant. there is such thing as pre-cum that can sometimes have sperm but thats very little chance but still a chance. As for your period i dnt know for sure. i just had the same thing except mine stopped after the 5 days...but now i get occasional headaches etc(i could be pregnant). I say take an HPT to rule out pregnancy. be sure to test in the morning. if negative see a doctor. you could have a problem. just to be sure. Good luck and keep me posted.
|

replied August 10th, 2008
Yep I know about all that stuff about sex and whatnot.

Would it help any if I say that this period reminds me of my first period cause that one was about a week long? Right now the bloods kinda like lightly there but it kinda looks like its old or something o_o

And a period reset? Any medical backing to that? I mean that thought was at the back of my mind because the last time I had a long period was my first one. And I don't have any pregnancy symptoms and I've actually lost weight from sports and dropping junk food.

I'm still bleeding and its starting to make me feel dizzy. (Or maybe its because I was running around for an hour when its hot out)
|

Oh wow. Thank goodness for Yahoo! Answers. Haha. I found this woman with the same exact problem as me and I came to realize that stress could be the cause of nausea and whatnot--because whenever I think of having my period for so long and any possibilities of stuff I don't want I start feeling sick. I'm good for now, hopefully it'll stop in a bit 'cause my period's been going for 8 days.
|

Im on yahoo answers too lol but ummmmm yeah like I said it could be due to unusual stress. Good luck Smile
|