Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Random needle prick feelings down my back

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
For the past few months I have been experiencing the sensations of what feels like hundreds of tiny needle pricks all the way down my back.It doesn't occur anywhere else except my back. There is not any certain situations that it happens in such as heat or cold it is completly random. I would love some advice on how I can possible soothe this or even cure it any help would be greatly appriciated
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 17th, 2010
Sounds like you have irritated a nerve or a group of them to the spinal cord. You should probably be checked by a neurologist for a nerve conduction study checking the sensory pathways and then get an MRI of your spine. You can also have him or her screen for a sensory neuropathy that includes for instance diabetes, sjogrens syndrome, HIV, monocloncal antibodies etc. Once you have the diagnosis, you should know where to go from there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?