Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

random coughing

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
im 18 and a very healthy male but about 6-8 month ago i started to get theses really bad coughing attacks random for a 30 second to 1 minute. I get these two to three times a day and once or twice a week ill vomit do to the couching attack.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 15th, 2011
Same problem
i have the same problem! but sometimes i'll have an attack once a week or longer. i can hardly breathe when i get these attacks, my eyes turn red and i start tearing, and sometimes it'll trigger gagging. i have no idea why i have this problem but i asked some friends if they ever experienced the same problem and surprisingly at least two have. i have no idea when the random cough attack will onset. Drinking water or a cough drop helps - so I always keep them around.
|

replied September 23rd, 2012
I have this issue ill have a attack 4-6 times a day . It was so bad one time I was vomitting , dizzy , couldn't breathe . Now I cough hard , tear up , gagg sometimes . Sucks wish it would go away . Wish I knew a remedy . Cough drops don't work for me . Went to ER the night it started out really bad and the doctor did a asthma and infection test . Said it wasn't asthmaa or a infection and that I just need to see a regular physician
|

I have this issue ill have a attack 4-6 times a day . It was so bad one time I was vomitting , dizzy , couldn't breathe . Now I cough hard , tear up , gagg sometimes . Sucks wish it would go away . Wish I knew a remedy . Cough drops don't work for me . Went to ER the night it started out really bad and the doctor did a asthma and infection test . Said it wasn't asthmaa or a infection and that I just need to see a regular physician
|

|
Quick Reply