Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Disorder Forum

Rage/angry outbursts

Must Read
Do you know what bipolar is exactly? And what types of bipolar do doctors classify and diagnose? Learn more basics about bipolar disorder here....
Can stress put you at risk of developing bipolar disorder? Read here for information on risk factors which increase the likelihood that someone becomes bipolar....
Bipolar is difficult to diagnose as an illness ... but bipolar symptoms are usually accompanied by extreme changes. What are the symptoms of bipolar disorder?...
I am a mother of 2 boys (age 3 and 4 mths) my problem is that i have such bad outbursts, i think stemming from frustration, i have always had a mean temper, but it has just seem to have spiraled out of control,since having kids. so much so that i sound almost possessed when i end up screaming. i can be fine throughout the day, but come evening, i am tired and looking for a time out ( which i know is perfectly acceptable), my husband does help out when he gets home from work, but i end up going in a frenzy when the kids are not wanting to fall in line and go to sleep, i end up screaming at everyone, even though it is not there fault, i throw and break things the other night, i was trying to put the youngest of the to boys asleep, and he was not co-operating, so i threw my toys out the cot, and literally punch the light switch on, breaking it and cutting my fist to shreds. it is getting worst everyday, and more frequent, and i am worried i am going to start taking my anger out on my kids, i am ashamed to admit it, but the thought has crossed my mind. after my outbursts, i feel incredibly guilty, and vow to myself never to repeat it, but come the next day, my patience is tried once more. help me!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 30th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?