Medical Questions > Cancer > Breast Cancer Forum

radaition burns - what to do?

Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....
no skin cream in the shop able to help. i found one cream, they say it is for cancer patients should i try it? any other suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sivananda
|

User Profile
replied January 2nd, 2011
There is no objective research data available to support the manufacturer's claims for this product.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied February 17th, 2011
I think some creams are better than others. Recovery cream was really good for a few cancer patients i know that underwent radiation
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2011
Experienced User
You have lots to choose from.

1. Sween Cream
2. Jean's Cream
3. Miadem
4. 100% Aloe Vera
5. Aquaphor
6. Biafine
7. Curel Ultra Healing lotion
8. Eurcerib
9. Medline's Skin repair
10. Desitin Creme

|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breast Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.