Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Wound Care Forum

quite swollen and sore touch around knuckle

User Profile
Hi
I have a small graze on the top of my middle finger, nothing serious at all just a little sore to touch, this happened on Friday at work, I worked Friday and Saturday with no issue. But Saturday night once at home I began to feel my whole joint throb and become sore to move it, the pain has gotten worse overnight and I am now on Sunday morning unable to move my middle finger at all, it's quite swollen and sore touch around the whole knuckle.
I've never previously injured this finger before other than the small graze I received days before.
Thanks any help is appreciated

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2016
(online)
Muscular and Nerve Disorders Answer A57292
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Take some ibuprofen and apply some topical pain kilelrs cream over it. The swelling will subside in a few days. You should get an xray though.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Wound Care , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.