Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Quinn Grey kidnapped Hoax

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Quinn Grey says that she was kidnapped, while her allegedly kidnapper says that they were lovers. The alleged kidnapper/lover apparently recorded their conversations where Quinn joked about having her lover blow her husbands brains out, they also debated about how much money to ask for ransom. the tape record them making love.

Why would Quinn Grey's husband forgive her after hearing his wife have sex with another man, and state that her lover should blow his brains out?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile starship33
|

User Profile
replied November 10th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
After I saw this, I went and looked up the story (I hadn't heard about it). Apparently, from what the story said, she is mentally imbalanced and her lover/alleged kidnapper took advantage of her during one of her psychotic episodes, which I think we can all agree, is a very vulnerable state (if it's true).

Although there is evidence that they were lovers, that could have been part of her psychotic state or her even going into Stockholm Syndrome. Some reports say that there is no evidence (beyond his word) that she and the kidnapper had a prior relationship before the kidnapping.

I think her husband was put in a terrible position. On the one hand, she cheated on him, faked her kidnapping, and joked about having him killed. On the other hand, he knows she is mentally ill and isn't necessarily responsible for her actions in that state and could have been taken advantage of and made to believe things that weren't true. I just hope they can find the truth, if she was psychotic at the time or not. If she was, I hope she gets the help she needs so she does not become a danger to herself or others (which is sounded like she almost was). I just hope her husband doesn't regret his decision to stand by her.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I think her husband is in love with her and want to keep his family together, they have two children. He is a human being, that had to hurt him hearing his wife say "you can blow his brains out"

The mental illness is just a defensed made by their attorney. i know a few people that is bipolar which effects your mood, which has nothing to do with how she lied, cheated and tried to scam her husband.

Her lover taped her talking about the plot,even how she is going to respond to police. No jury is going to have apathy for her. She wasted $90k and manpower!

Even though her husband is a millionaire he probably didnt give her any money because she is an alcoholic. She is currently in a rehab facility for alcoholics.
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
Are you sure it's just what her attorney said? From what I read, she has a history of mental illness and it's not just something that was brought up now. As for what mental illness she may suffer from, I didn't see. However, bipolar disorder can be much much more than just making a person moody. A close friend of mine's cousin drove his car into oncoming traffic during a manic episode. He was killed and he severely injured the woman in the other car. Other people with bipolar disorder can have delusions, hallucinations, and exhibit psychotic behavior. Also, she could be schizophrenia or have some other mental illness. It's not just an excuse. The doctors and the jury will have to determine if she actually was psychotic at the time.

It should also be noted that alcohol and drug abuse can be common among people with mental illnesses. They often start by self-medicating, but it just makes things worse. It also stems from lack of impulse control.

I'm not saying that everything in the news reports is right. She may be making it all up and maybe her husband has been duped by her, but I don't think we can judge completely one way or the other without more information. That's why we say "innocent until proven guilty."

Also, if her husband is a millionaire, why ask for only $50,000? And why is there no evidence of a connection between her and her supposed lover besides his own word? Are there phone records, texts, emails, pictures, anything that would link them romantically?
|

User Profile
Supporter
|

User Profile
Extremely eHealthy
"That's why I'm starting to feel like I'm the sinister one doing this to my family" That's an odd statement if she was planning it all along. Isn't it? Sounds like the start of brain-washing, Stockholm Syndrome, or something like that. That could cause her to start to think that she was a participant, rather than a victim.

Some of the things she said, like sticking to the same story, could have been convincing him that she won't turn him in, to keep herself safe. Same thing with the sex tape.

It is very common for bipolar disorder to go undiagnosed or misdiagnosed for years.

Again, there is no texts, phone calls, emails, nothing that shows any correspondence between them before the kidnapping. It still makes no sense for her to just ask for $50,000. It also sounds like the "alleged" kidnapper taped certain things to cover his butt if he was caught. He could put the blame on her, call her the mastermind, and maybe even get a deal to testify against her. We don't know what he said to her before he turned the tape player on. After all, he's not going to tape parts where he may be threatening her or her family, or telling her what he wants to hear from her.

Again, this whole thing still sounds odd enough for it to be possible that she isn't guilty because she's mentally ill. If her own husband thinks she's innocent, after everything he's heard, I think that's a reason to give her at least a little benefit of the doubt. A lot more is going to come out on this topic. I may be wrong that she deserves more consideration, but I still say it's possible.
|

User Profile
Supporter
I m glad you brought that point up because it made me think that some jurors may have apathy for her also.

i also heard that her husband cheated on her in June and she wanted out of the marriage.

I dont believe the Stockholm syndrome because she was only missing for 24 hours.
I will keep an open mind because i know it's more to this crazy story then what is being told.
|
Tags: hearing, sex
Quick Reply