Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Mononucleosis Forum

Question on progression of mono.

Must Read
Is mononucleosis bacterial or viral? Does everyone get mono at some time? How does mono spread? Basic facts and definitions about "the kissing disease". ...
Do you know what causes mono? Although children are more at risk than adults,what can you do to avoid getting sick from mono? Review risk factors here....
The symptoms of mono may not manifest for everyone who contracts the Epstein-Barr virus. But when are symptoms serious? And when should you seek medical help?...
Is there any documentation anywhere on the phases of mono?

I've had it for 3 weeks and now don't get the chills or fever, just very sore throat and white abcesses in my mouth. I know this is relatively early for some cases, I just wonder what progression of symptoms is normal (e.g. first fever goes away, than throat problems leaving fatigue? .. if so usually how long)?

As for me, right now I have the sore throat and light headedness. I've been taking Valtrex for 5 days (2 more to go) and have been just getting fluids and resting as much as possible. Only real outward symptom is the white pus on throat (not tonsills) and lymph nodes getting swollen at throat.
Did you find this post helpful?
|