Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

apples effect on blood sugar

Hi everyone I'm new here and I'm just trying to figure some things out.

I visited with a new counselor about anxiety and she suggested that my problem may be hypoglycemia. So, I got the book by Krimmell and started on the diet to see if I am. I do believe that I am hypo but haven't had the GTT test.

I have a meter that I borrowed from my SIL.

Yesterday I tried having a green apple, and my blood sugar, which is normally around 90-100 went up to 150 within about 30 minutes and then within 45 minutes or so dropped down to about 75 and then another 30 minutes settled back down to 100 again.

So, does this mean I shouldn't eat fruit? My counselor says she doesn't. Problem is I absolutely love fruit and so the idea of not eating any is sort of a "bummer" although if I have to I will not. I have cut out candy and sweets and white breads and sodas and juice, but I'd love to be able to eat fruits.

My panic attacks have gone down a lot since starting this diet 3 or 4 weeks ago. I have had SOME during my PMS week but I'm so much better than I was.

Anyway just need some info about fruits. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 10th, 2008
Community Volunteer
No, don't avoid them yet, your body is going to be adapting as time goes on, so fluctuations like this will be normal.
|
Did you find this post helpful?