Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Puss filled Bumps under armpit

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I get mini puss filled bumps located under my armpits alot. they kind of look like zits, when popped, they have a whiteish, yellowish tint to them. Occasionally I'll get one that forms to the size of a nickle below the surface and I have to bring it to a head before It can be popped. It hurts. Ive have about 3-4 on my leg but they mainly stay under my arms. I now use antibacterial soap because I have noooo Idea what this is, maybe a staph infection? I went to a dermatologist and was perscribed antibiotics but eventually it came back. Any ideas on what it could possibly be or what I should do to treat it?

-Sometimes theres so many it looks like a rash. there may only be a few. I use a seperate razor for under my arms than I do for the rest of my body. I bathe regularly. I dont share deoderant. Why is this happening?!?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 18th, 2012
I have the exact same problem. I used antibiotics but it came back. I switched deoderants which made it slightly less red for a short bit. Did you ever figure it out?
|
Did you find this post helpful?