Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Urinary and Bladder Disorders Forum

Pushing and straining to urinate? What is wrong with me?

Must Read
One in five women will develop a UTI during her life. But what are UTIs? and what causes this type of infection?...
Why are women more at risk of developing UTI than men? Read here for more on what causes urinary tract infections and what puts you at risk of UTI....
A UTI can affect the bladder, kidney, ureters and/or the urethra. Learn which symptoms indicate urinary tract infection, complications and when to seek help....
I am 30 yrs. old and for the last 3 mos i have had to push/strain in order to urinate. When I first sit down a little will come out on it's own, then I have to push and strain in order to empty my bladder. Even after that it still feels like my bladder is not compltely emptied. What are some causes of this. I do not burn or have frequent urination periods, I did feel pain in my lower back (like a kidney infection) shortly before this started., and I have never had any problems with dehydration, urination etc, I also read something about opiates causing this, I do not take any. Any help would greatly be appreciated, I do not have medical insurance so if I knew whether or not this was serious it would help than to struggle to go to the doctor for nothing?
Did you find this post helpful?
|