Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Purple shades under eyes

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
Hello Everyone,

Well I do not want to draw to much attention to this subject, However, I need some advice.

Recently I become a little active with sex, Do not get me wrong as a Male it is in my nature to do so as to well I would imagine both genders.

To the point though, Recently I have started getting some purple shades under my eyes, I know a new town, moving seasons and sneezing a lot more (living in the ACT, Australian Capital Territory) it's the nations capital of high pollen levels.

I have never suffered hay fever, though have had fears of HIV in the past.

I have never really had intercourse with anyone up until recent when I was drunk and had intercourse with another person to where "supposedly" the condom did break.

I have been in contact with this person and the person has said they've have checkups and are all clear with a negative status.

All fine to hear, Though I am not sure if they are lying to me or not. But this was the only person where this issue occured.

Most other interactions have not been of intercourse.

More so, I am not coughing, I am sneezing a lot more - More likely pollen and the air, I have been a bit tired more lately, I have not had much other symptoms except gut aches and slight dizzy-ness and diarrhea at times but nothing major.

The purple shadings under my eyes freak me out, I have seen a doctor who does say he has doubts it is in connection with HIV but more Hay Fever!

I also suffer anxiety which does not help, Though to the point of why I am asking is because I have met someone and I really like them and want to get some advice and some possible answers about this little nervous problem I am having.

I am 55-56kg, I do not weigh much, I do not eat that healthy either and I cannot gain weight to add.

I have been like this for years, it has never changed.

Should I be concerned, worried?

Thanks for any advice.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 5th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I am sure U R fine but if you are worried then the only thing to do is to get tested.
|

replied February 16th, 2010
Hello,

Sorry did not realize I had a reply, Well my eyes do seem to hurt but not Hirt as in serious pain bit more a generalized sore sensation. I do get horribly concerned about HIV, hate reading threads unless I make them otherwise I get paranoid.

I just look sick I suppose Sad
|