Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Purple lump on vagina

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
hello,

A few days ago I noticed a purple lump on the right side of my vagina on the outer lip. I'm not sexually active, nor do I shave down there. It is about a centimeter in length and 5mm in width, it isn't solid but it is raised and it feels bruised. I can only feel pain when it is touched. It almost looks like a blood blister. Can you please help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 10th, 2011
I have one of those too! It started out blackish purple. It's a purple color now that it has ruptured and feels much better. People say it may be a Bartholin's gland cyst because of the area that it is in, I'm not exactly positive though. If I were you I'd go see a doctor. That is what I plan to do, after I popped mine it shrunk and got way better. I also followed with cleaning prep pad(alchohol included), cleaning it with anti bacterial soap, triple antibiotic ointment(neosporin works too), and covering with a band aid. Change your underwear also multiple times to keep it from getting worse. Loose fitting underwear seem to help since the cyst CAN be caused by the wear and tear of underwear rubbing! I hope this helps
|
Did you find this post helpful?