Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Purple itchy spot

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
It is quite rare for me to get any itchy spots... recently, a spot on my thigh began to ITCH like crazy. It's been about 3 days now and no bumps or lumps formed... it's just my skin...that is purple/red and itches. My skin isn't peeling or anything. It's just normal skin plus all of the itchiness. I don't know what it is and how it can be treated. Help?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper bnardy
|

replied June 10th, 2009
I have the same thing. I've been told the purple spots are from itching, but I've tried lotioning frequently and not itching and they still haven't deisappeared and the itching still persists. Maybe an allergic reaction of some sort? A lot of people have suggested changing my laundry detergent.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply