Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Puncture wound on palm

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi, I've recently punctured the palm of my hand, and was wondering if I needed to seek medical attention. Im aware of the fact that there's nerves, tendons, ligaments ect in my hand. While drying a red wine glass, the stem of the glass broke and lodged itself in my palm, right about where the thumb meets the center of the palm. The glass broke about halfway through, leaving a razor sharp edge that went in just about a half an inch, signifigant for a hand injury. Still have full feeling and motion of all fingers, although it is a little bit cold from being bandaged i would assume. But was wondering if i needed to seek expert advice seeing as how the moving parts in my hand could be detrimental to its overall function. I am currently typing this with both hands, although it is a little swollen and tender. Upon looking @ the puncture wound this morning, it appears that there are "guts" sticking out of the wound. Any help that somebody might be able to provide would be great. As of right now, i think im just going to ride it out and see what happens. Thanks! -John M
Did you find this post helpful?
|