Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

Pulmonary function test interpretation?

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
Hi I had a pulmonary function test at a hospital and was wondering what the following statements mean. I'll post the "Findings" and "Impression"

Findings:

FEV1, FVC, FEV1/FVC ratio are normal. FEF 25/75 is moderately decreased. Slow vital capacity is normal. There is no significant improvement in FEV1 or FVC following bronchodilator.

Impression:

1. Minimal obstructive airways disease characterized by moderate small airways dysfunction. FEV1 and FVC are both normal.
2. No significant broncho-reversibility is present.
3. Normal slow vital capacity.

I get that most of it looks normal but what's that about "disease"? It doesn't make sense to me. If any doctor could answer this for me I would appreciate it. Thanks.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 26th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
Did you find this post helpful?