Medical Questions > Mens Health > Testicles Forum

Pulled testicle cord

Must Read
Mumps is still common in many parts of the world. But what is the mumps? And what parts of the body can it affect? Basic facts on mumps here....
Although children are most at risk of getting the mumps, other groups are also at risk. Learn more about the mumps virus and risk factors for mumps here....
Swollen salivary glands are the first sign that you might have the mumps. But what other symptoms can you identify? And when should you seek medical help?...
A few days ago, I accidentally tugged on both of my testicles downwards. It hurt a bit, and the following 2-3 days I felt mild pain in the spermatic cords, the two cords that connect the testicles to the body. After that, the pain went away day by day, and after about 5 days of the injury it didn't really hurt anymore.

Throughout the course of these 5 days, I was constantly checking my testicles to see if there was anything wrong, and I noticed that the vein (I think) in each cord was a bit swollen. Maybe this is normal, and I only noticed this because I kept checking, and I never really checked this before, but maybe the fact that I noticed this really means that they were a bit more swollen than usual, but now that the pain is gone, I still sometimes feel that these veins are a bit swollen, and sometimes they're not. I'm not sure why this changes, but I'm wondering whether this is normal and whether this could be due to the injury I caused.

It seems that the cords are not swollen at all when I'm laying down, but they are when I stand or sit up. Not much, but I notice it when I touch them.

I have heard about varicocele, but it seems that it isn't caused by injury and that the veins have to be thicker than 2 mm for it to be diagnosed as such. I don't think this would be the case, but I'm not a doctor.

If the swelling is due to the injury, does this sound serious, or should I not be worried? Could this swelling just be temporary?

Also, is it possible to cause any permanent damage by just tugging on the testicles enough to make the cord hurt a bit?

Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 16th, 2010
Did you ever hear anything more on this? I did the same thing 3 days ago, and am only feeling the discomfort in my left cord. Haven't checked if they are swollen, but your problem sounds identical.
|

replied September 19th, 2010
Now it is about two weeks after the injury, and it seems that the pain is completely gone and that the swelling in the cords is steadily and very slowly going down, however their thickness is still not back to normal, I hope it will be soon. I guess it should be fine and that the cords are really fragile, or at least they heal very slowly. I would say that unless you have bad pain or something worrying, you should just wait about two weeks and it should be fine... But make sure you don't ignore anything serious though!
|

replied September 20th, 2010
Thanks. What I would term as pain is gone, but I still find it annoying that I still feel sensation in the cord. I'm thinking it's just strained.
|

replied October 3rd, 2010
Yeah, I can still feel it a tiny bit too, although the swelling is slowly going down. I guess it takes really long to heal...
|

replied January 10th, 2012
plz help!
hey i know it's been like a year or more since u posted this,but im goin thru the same thing and if ya can i need to know what happened with ur situation cuz im worried about mine and i cant figure it out so if u could plz write me back ...thanx Smile
|
Quick Reply