Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > Clinical Trials, Research, and Studies Forum

PTSD Anonymous Research Survey

I was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder and was not given the option of psychotherapy. My psychiatrist started to prescribe me a different medication every week until I refused to continue treatment because of the extreme side effects. The medications made my symptoms so extreme, that I visited the ER so many times that the staff remembered me. I suffered for a very long time and know what it is like. This is why this topic interests me the most because I actually had to deal with it on my own. I did not have too many supporting me as some of my friends stopped talking to me.
This research may have been done before but not quite sure if the person experienced it or had any friends or family that were affected by PTSD. One having experienced it can relate to someone who is currently suffering and are able to work together. People who have no idea what it feels like to suffer may not know how to approach this topic from lacking experience with it. The paper is to explain the diagnosis, treatment options, and the effects on the patient and his family. Now would psychotherapy benefit the person more than pharmacotherapy? The research will discuss the differences between psychotherapy, pharmacotherapy, naturopathic and which seems to work best with patients.I will be using ehealth forum as a resource and the survey with be kept anonymous. If you are interested in taking the survey please let me know and I will post the link.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 28th, 2012
The survey can be taken here if you are interested.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3FMDZ3K
|
Did you find this post helpful?