Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Tuberculosis Forum

PTB symptoms ?

I'm 34 yrs. old, i have a history of PTB, i've undergo treatment for 6 mos. and i've been negative for my sputom exams..i also finished the treatment. It was already a yr a go, but until now i can still feel an occasional pain on my upper right side of my back. Could it be possible that i still have PTB
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 11th, 2009
Hi Wella,

I am 33.5 old and had the same problem 11 years ago. I was diagnosed with PTB and was on medication for 6months.Was scared to death and not convinced that I was cured. I even asked the doc to prescribe medicines for 3 more months. The pain in my left lung continued for years and still experience mild pain when I take a deep breath. But, trust me the demon will not return as long as you eat right, exercise and breathe lots and lots of fresh air.

Don't worry and Keep your immune system healthy that's the only key to keep it away. Hope my response helps:-)
|

replied January 27th, 2011
hello!! my father had too.he's suffering fr ptb, and he experienced to blow a blood, and almost his left lung has a hole..he was in medication for about 6 months then he failed to take his medication, so that his condition became worst, eveyday he's blowing a blood and loss his weight..
|

replied June 16th, 2012
Please let your father take his medicine religiously so that he will get recover from the disease. self-discipline and proper diet and most of all, PRAYER...that's the key to get recover..
even me was surprised when my XRAY yesterday is positive with PTB. maybe i got it form my aunt..but she's already in medication up to 6months and she's in 2months taking medicine now..my uncle died because of PTB, also my another Aunt. we really had a strong history of PTB. it can be acquired through genes..it is genetically acquired..
Tell your father to go to the nearest Health Center for free medicine supply or if you have lots of money you should buy and take the medicine properly...
|