Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Protecting back injury ?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
This morning at 10:00am, I was brushing my teeth and I just slightly bend over to spit when I felt a strange and painful sensation in my back. The pain and sensation felt just like the pain you get when you roll your ankle. Since then, its been hurting and I've put heat on it and it still hurts. I don't know if a disc slipped or shifted or its an air pocket in the spine. I work at County Nursing Home as a Dietary Aide and there is quite a bit of lifting involved, what should I do so I won't irriate it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 15th, 2009
Stretch Style
I use a stretch mat/routine every morning from G2 Fit. It helps me loosen up and strengthens my back so that hopefully there are no injuries. If you're interested, you can use the coupon code that came with mine (TLG2DEAL). I think you can use it off of their website.
|

replied October 18th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
in addition i would be very careful to use proper posture while lifting. bend the knees...lift with legs...arms in close...dont sit for extended periods of time as this adds pressure to spine...pete
|