Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

protected sex with prostitute

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
hii,i am 24 years old.I had sex for the first time in my life with a prostitute in last august. At that time i used a condom. after that i went to have sex with some other prostitutes around 5. all of the time i used condom , thats am damn sure. i lastly had sex in December. I still don't know why i took this stupid and foolish decision in my life to have sex with all these prostitutes.
Now am scared for my rest of life.. can u pls tell me what are the possibilities and probability of getting any infection or diseases..or STD when used condom whenever u had sex...its been a hell for me each and everytime i think abt it.... and i dint took a blood test after December.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper krischilled
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Homerx.
What do you think?
|

replied May 22nd, 2008
i dont know,,thts y i posted ma question here....
if u hav any idea tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Supporter
Krischilled
I was talking to my friend Homerx.

My answer is that with protection, you are not sharing sex fluids with other people and so I would think you are safe.

My husband doesn't have HIV but I am living with AIDS. We rely on latex condoms as they have smaller holes than HIV itself. My husband still doesn't have HIV. I am undetectable meaning I have very little virus in my blood if any. It is all hiding in the bone marrow because of the medication.

Good for you for using condoms but I hear they are not 100% safe. If you are going to have a habit of going out with prostitutes, you might as well get tested often. Wink

Homerx will tell you more.

Always
Muthoni (Mson)
|

replied May 22nd, 2008
thanx alot.....

I hope everythin goes well for me...

But still be waitin for that replyy
|

User Profile
replied May 23rd, 2008
Community Volunteer
Any sex is risky. With a condom it is called safe sex but condoms break, leak, things happen. The only really safe sex is no sex and we all know that no sex is not the answer. people like sex and thats healthy. But you have to be smart. All that sex with all those prostitutes in a matter of days is risky not just for AIDS and HIV but for many other STDs. To be young and horny is to be careless sometimes. I understand that. With that being said, I hope you learned something here. You used condoms, that is great but you are still worried,right? That is because you know those prostitutes had been with hundreds of other men and who knows who those men slept with so you weren't just having sex with those prostitutes, you were having sex with all the people those prostitutes had sex with. You should get tested for HIV and all other STDS. It was in December? That is plenty of waiting time. Go to the free clinic, they have anonymous testing. If you come out clean then take that as a good omen and try to control your urges. Not always easy for a young man but try. And remember that sex is better when you know the person and when you are safe. You played safe. That is great. I applaud you for that. But numerous sex partners means numerous risks. Get tested and let us here how you are. Good Luck.
|

replied December 22nd, 2008
worry
Hi guy`s going back to some time in November, after a drunken night out i did something really stupid and never to be repeated. After being a single guy for a considerable while and havent had sex for approximately 5 or so years now im got an urge whilst in Benidorm and went to a brothel where it was a nightclub from what i can remember it seemed proffessional and that and i had protected vagina sex but not anal although i did get oral and she asked me to perform to lick the vagina which i did due to my naieveity. And although the condoms never broke and used different ones after each act i was made to take a shower after and wash blah blah blah. I cant help but worry about the std`s or what the risk of catching HIV from the ludicrous nightn of pure madness, just wondering if someone can reassuring by letitng me know how high the risks of catching anything from this stupid night out.

Cheers !

Nick
|
Users who thank southend01 for this post: homerx 

User Profile
replied December 22nd, 2008
Community Volunteer
When people ask me what is the risk I have to say it doesn't matter.Any risk is a risk be it 1 in 100 or 1 in 100000....it could be you.So get tested for all STDs including HIV.Its best to know your status so you can take the proper steps.If you are negative then be happy,feel blessed and play safe every single time.
|

replied December 23rd, 2008
worry
Cheers ! Just out of curiosity read on all the symptoms kind of thing havent really had any except right now which appears to be a cold the normal things hadachey , coughs although a reddish rash has occured under my armpit which appears to be a bit irritable. Could these be a symptoms of HIV or is just probaly a general cold and as for the rash this has occured over the last week or so although the incident happened approximately 6 weeks ago. I will get tested but is these symptoms anything to worry about.

Cheers Nick
|

User Profile
replied December 24th, 2008
Community Volunteer
I dont think so..but do get tested.It will ease your mind!
|

replied February 17th, 2010
Hi,

I had a protected vaginal sex with prostitute, which lasted for less than 1 min. It was my first sex in my life. I had head ache and weight loss after 3 weeks. What is the chances of HIV?
|

replied March 12th, 2010
Hi,

I am a 28 year old male,

I was in Amsterdam 10 years ago where I went with 2 x pros both times protected.

Again 3 years ago i visited a local brothel in Hamburg and again in Amsterdam both time again protected.

What are my risks for the folowing,

HIV ?

Would they break the condom on purpose ?

I was told that if it broke they would start going mad at you ?

How safe is it in Amsterdam / Hamburg ?
|

replied March 12th, 2010
Hi,

I am a 28 year old male,

I was in Amsterdam 10 years ago where I went with 2 x pros both times protected.

Again 3 years ago i visited a local brothel in Hamburg and again in Amsterdam both time again protected.

What are my risks for the folowing,

HIV ?

Would they break the condom on purpose ?

I was told that if it broke they would start going mad at you ?

How safe is it in Amsterdam / Hamburg ?
|

User Profile
replied March 15th, 2010
I think you're safe using condom, just be careful it might break and leak..

|
Quick Reply