Medical Questions > Mens Health > Prostate Forum

prostate exam

Must Read
Millions of men experience prostate problems every year. But what defines prostate enlargement and how does the prostate grow as it enlarges?...
What puts a man at risk of having an enlarged prostate? And what causes the prostate to grow in the first place? Answer your questions here....
An enlarged prostate rarely occur before a man is 40. Learn the signs and symptoms BEFORE they occur. And know when to seek help for bothersome symptoms....
PLEASE HAVE ONLY FEMALE DOC ANSWER THIS:

i cannot get a prostate exam by a male doc.

I have four questions:

1. Can a female nurse practitioners give them?
I still am extremely embarrassed because in 1986 (i am 46 now) i obtained a full erection upon full insertion. Doc noticed it as I turned to dress, I did NOT realize i had an erection, that is the truth.
She saw it, even though she didn't say a word and looked away.
I have never had an exam since.
There were extenuating circumstances: she had me bend over the table and completely pulled my own underwear to near my knees, wiped off the lube from me when was done with paper towels, and pulled my underwear up when done. inexperence, she was a young doc.

2. is it really necessary before age 50??

Quesion # 3: i found two females that are urologists: One is doc and one is nurse practictioner. Any idea which is more likely to do the exam?
I maintain a very short haircut ( NOT shave there). Do female docs think badly of a patient who does that?

4. I prefer to be on my side when examined, do most docs ask bent over or on side??

Thanks for your time.
Joe
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 19th, 2009
huh?
What? Why would you want a female to give you one if you gained an erection in front of a female the last time? You're 46, get over your adolescent immaturity and have it done by a male. Geez. And then you go on to ask if female docs have a problem with unshaven hair?? You seem to get want a female to do it for other reasons....
|
Did you find this post helpful?