Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Propane Headaches

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
Good Morning - I have suffered from headaches for 1 1/2 yrs. Thinking it was related to a car injury at the time I have had two CT scans, MRI, spine doctors evaluations, ENT doctor evaluation, physical therapy, chiropacty, massage, and blood work. Fortunately, all results are fine, but the headaches continue. I have been grabbing at straws to find an answer. My latest hypothesis is that there is something in my home causing the onset of these headaches. The reason for this theory is that when I leave (ie - visits in another state or community) I am headache free. I also notice that my head is better when I go for walks outside. Is it possible that I am having a reaction of our PROPANE heated house? I have propane detectors hooked up - no alarms going off. My husband is not having this problem. I AM CONFUSED AND DESPARATE! I would appreciate your input. Thank You.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper retiredshell
|

User Profile
replied January 15th, 2010
I have had horrible headaches also for the past few years. I haven't gone to the doctor for it yet. Although my headaches are everyday no matter where I am at, I do think that propane can cause them. We have a gas fire place, when it turns on I can smell the gas and it seems as if it makes my headaches worse. I hope this helps.
|

replied January 26th, 2010
propane headaches
i have the same reaction to propane heaters. if it is a ventless one especially. so you have to be sure to crack the window which is advised anyway. if you heat your whole house with it, you might want to convert to natural gas instead if it is available in your area. i haven t had problems with natural gas headaches. i have a lot of allergies and my family has had to live with any changes needed because of my reactions. i have also had problems with electric heat if the air ducts have mold in them, serious nasal/sinus reactions. anyway, i feel for you. your health is priority.
|

replied January 4th, 2013
For the last month I've also had terrible headaches and trying to find out why. I think I've come to the conclusion that it is related to our propane heating which we started using about the time my headaches started. If I go outside or am away from home they seem much better. I'm wondering if I need to invest in an air purifier to see it this will help.
|
Quick Reply