Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Poisoning and Environmental Health Forum

Propane gas poisioning

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
My husband and I just found out that we have several propane gas leaks connecting to our stove in our apartment, one of which was a huge leak. We have been smelling this for the last 3 months and since we had trouble with mice,thought that it was a dead mouse decaying somewhere near the area. Even after cleaning repeatedly and not finding any mice we finally had someone come and check. They discovered the leaks. My question is, will there/could there be serious health issues from this constant long exposure (3 months)? Could there be any permanent health damage? I have been experiencing high levels of sleepiness and headaches. Please, any suggestions would be helpful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 20th, 2011
PROPANE GAS LEAK
Hi about a year ago, I had the same problem except the gas company left the lines loose when they came to install the tank, after breathing the gas, i now suffer from gerd, as well as headaches, my stomach is not the same among other things, i feel you should seek medical advise, and i hope all is well with you, i am still being checked, my systoms was so severe after a month, doctor,s feared i had Cancer, and i am still not sure if i am out of the woods because studies shows you can get cancer from being exposed to propane gas. Good luck
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply