Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

prolonged bleeding now a sour smell

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I have been having an issue with prolonged bleeding since dec 2nd. I will go back and forth between heavy and spotting. Last few days I noticed the spotting has a horrible sour smell to it. I am scheduled for a d&c on tues. But I have to say, this smell is quite embarrassing!

Is there something I can do or should I not do before the d&c? I am leary about using a cream or douche incase it will affect any biopsy's the doc may want to do.

On heavy days I wear a tampon and a pad. On spotting days I just wear a pad. Should I not wear the tampons maybe? When its heavy its horrible heavy though, the tampon is a way to keep the leakage a bit under control!

I tell you I cant wait for this issue to be over!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 17th, 2012
Community Volunteer
My advice will be to not mess around before your appointment. Your smell is part of the symptoms that can point your doctor to the diagnosis. Do not try to hide it.

Best of luck!
|

replied February 17th, 2012
ty!! I figured I shouldnt, but I am so embarrassed!

I think maybe I ended up with an infection of some sort from all the pad/tampon use over the last 11 weeks!
|