Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Proctosedyl suppositories?

I have used these for a week as prescribed by my doc for what he says is an internal hemorrhoid. They worked great for about 4 days - no pain, felt like i was getting better. Then after that the effectiveness seemed to wear off, and i was in pain again. I was told a week is the max i can use them - anyone know why? Anyone else used them? I have been in pain/itching/burning for 2 weeks now - how long should i expect before it improves, or could it keep getting worse?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 23rd, 2009
Community Volunteer
Have you ever tried sitting in the bathtub with very warm water and holding your anus apart so that the warm water soothes the inside of you...Years ago I did this...And it worked...

Caroline
|

replied January 18th, 2010
As far as i know Procsedyl only masks and reduces the inflamtion as i have been using these for a while now. I have stage 3 internal prolapsed hems and considering alternative methods (accupuntcure)of treatment as western medicine has failed some what.One of my wifes friends needed a hystorectomy but she then had a couple of accupuncture treatments and now she is fine.
|
Quick Reply