Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Problems of the penis

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I am circumcised and I have been masturbating a few times a day, it was at first dry and scaly so I put a cream for diaper rash on it and lower my masterbating to once a day but now on the four day my skin between the shaft and tip is swelled and red the bottom of the tip has a red sheen to, it the pain has lessened though but not for the better. I was using a perfumed lotion but I'm not going to use it again. Where I live is hot and I do take hot showers, I do sweat a lot also. What is happening
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 11th, 2017
(online)
Welcome to e health forum.

The condition you have is balanitis, or inflammation of the glans penis.

Most cases of balanitis are easily managed with a combination of creams or ointments (corticosteroid, antibiotic and antifungal - based on the possible cause); good hygiene and avoiding substances that irritate the penis .

These treatments will usually start to have an effect within a week and can be stopped after around two weeks, although in some people it does eventually come back after treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Skin Health
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.