Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

problems forming sentences and explaining things

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
User Profile
hi, i have been having a few problems putting sentences together and explaining things. in my head i will think of what im going to say but when i come to actually say it. its like the words jumble up and i have to put the sentence back together again before i can say it. i have been forgetting words i use daily in mid sentence and i have to keep telling people to bear with me so i can think of how i was going to say what i wanted to. most of the time i will repeate myself 2 or 3 times in the same sentence trying to correct myself and make it make sense but this is causing a few problems because im saying the same thing 3 times and people may of understood it the first time and then i will carry on explaining it because in my head it didnt make sense. i also think im saying words but ill say different words instead for example i was supposed to say'i start at 9 and finish at 5'but it will come out as'i start at 9 and finish at 9'but i will think i said 5 i was wondering if you knew?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2016
General Q and A Answer A59241
It looks like you have a doubt, that you may be having a neurological issue like Dementia or Memory loss issues or conditions like Alzheimer's disease.

The underlying condition cannot be determined without a proper medical examination of your mental and neurological functions.

Hence it would be best that you consult with a neurologist and seek a proper medical opinion.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mental Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.