Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Problems above surgery site?

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I had L5-S1 surgery with cage placement back in 2002. All has been well since then up until recently. No injury event, but it is just starting to come on. Now I am beginning to get back pains above that area, which seem to cause some very severe muscle spasms. Sort of scared the disk above may have messed up. Really don't want to go back under the knife again. Wonder if my GP, instead of my Ortho could just take an x-ray and determine anything from that??????
Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
Experienced User
hi oldman

1st GP should determine the cause of pain,maybe due to muscle spasm,if spasm the treatment very easy,or maybe you have disc problem this time in another lumber disc.
|
Did you find this post helpful?