Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

problem of reccuring discharge?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I am women aged 30 and i have a problem of reccuring discharge. This usually happens every month towards my days and i once visited a doctor because my genital parts becomes so fragile that i can easily bruise or get a cut between my bum or Vaginal lips,inner and outer labia to an extent that i cant have sex because of the burning sensetion and the itchness causing some fine red rush.I was advised to use Canex V Cream. The cream is helping but why does it keep on coming back. I have not visited a gyn yet and i am afraid because there is a lot of cancer history in my family. I have tried not to insert my finger when cleaning my vagina but i always have a feeling that am not clean because of the cheese stuff inside me, so i end up cleaning like usual.The use of detegents as well is another thing am failing to stop.I feel like am not clean.Is there any other medication i can use to stop this problem before it gets out of hand.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A24078
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Your symptoms are suggestive of vaginal infections and repeated infections. If you are sexually active and your partner is not treated simultaneously, then you will get re-infection. Do not delay in visiting a gynecologist for examination along with vaginal swab/smear test done to identify the causative agent. Get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent re-infection. Drink plenty of water. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area (vagina has its own mechanism of cleaning itself. Use of these products harms the normal bacteria of vagina and it becomes susceptible to infection). Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid tight fitting clothes. Avoid having unprotected intercourse while both of you are on treatment course.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.