Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

problem connected to calcium deposits in inner ear canal

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Nearly 2 years ago I landed in the ER with unbearable vertigo, was told it was from calcium deposits ('rocks') in inner ear canal; for a few months I had to take Dramamine to manage in my everyday life, and have had almost no trouble with it since. The problem: one thing I've had to do to prevent vertigo attacks is sleep on side or stomach; unfortunately this has caused horrible dark bags under my eyes from fluid retention. I try to keep salt out of my diet as much as possible, and have tried everything from putting teabags to cold cloths under my eyes but the teabags irritate my skin and make it worse, and the cold cloths did nothing. I hope this problem isn't too trivial to ask advice about, because I look like I have a terminal illness and/or have aged 20 years, and it's really bothersome. I was told the only option for the calcium deposits is surgery, but that it'd cause complete permanent deafness. I can tolerate the minor dizziness, but can someone tell me if there's any way to remove the bags? If I sleep on my back, the vertigo starts up again in full-force. I've also tried a variety of cosmetics, but all they do is make the puffiness more visible.
Did you find this post helpful?
|