Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Pro-lifers (Page 1)

User Profile
Just a question for the pro-lifers...

The way I see it, PLs are 100% against abortion. But PCs are theoretically 50% for and 50% against abortion. Just because someone is PC, doesn't mean they will get an abortion as soon as they find out they are pregnant, or even have one at all. I'm PC, and I personally probably wouldn't have an abortion, but would never look down on anyone having one.

My question is, why is it so hard to accept that PC means they have the CHOICE to abort, not necessarily SUPPORTING every woman to have an abortion? Also, why is abortion automatically associated with promiscuousy and lack of BC?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Excellent, excellent questions, Lilly Ivy, and I hope you get some answers.
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Experienced User
That's how I feel but I'm considered pro-life because of the situations I believe are right. I don't look down on anyone but strongly encourage not having an abortion when there is a healthy mother and baby. I only voice my opinions. But I do understand it's their choice.
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Experienced User
I have known pro-lifers - in fact most - that are NOT 100% against abortion. As far as I can tell, the sides are a lot blurrier than anyone seems willing to admit. Most pro-lifers agree with abortion to save the mother's life if she's going to die, and most pro-choicers disagree with late-term abortions unless they are for medical reasons.

Lack of birth control and/or incorrectly used/failed birth control is the reason for most abortions. Promiscuity is the word promoted by extreme pro-lifers who use religion as their backer to say that there should be no sex before marriage.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
cmyked wrote:
. Most pro-lifers agree with abortion to save the mother's life if she's going to die, and most pro-choicers disagree with late-term abortions unless they are for medical reasons

I am one of those people who dont agree with late term abortions, I understand it is a choice but I personally feel that if it is able to be independent in any way shape or form/able to survive outside on its own than it should, other than that Im open.
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Experienced User
Same here. Once it reaches viability the only excuse for its death is maternal danger in which a c-section is for some reason out of the question.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Well, if it's not illegal, it's still a choice and I'm not going to start applying my own morals to other people arbitrarily because that is the antithesis of the prochoice ideology. I wouldn't do it, I wouldn't recommend someone do it, but I wouldn't tell them they couldn't because I don't think it's a good idea.

I'm not the one having the abortion; it's not on my conscience, I don't have to live with it. Same reasons I'm prochoice at six weeks.

Educate, educate, educate first.
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Experienced User
It IS illegal, thank god.

Why don't you respond to the original post instead of harping on us for expressing our opinions? You're in the minority here.
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Experienced User
Your post is completely immature and has been reported.
|

User Profile
replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
cmyked wrote:

Aw, no sense of humor? Laughing

Fine, fine...I'll water it down. Just for you, let's start over:

cmyked wrote:
Why don't you respond to the original post instead of harping on us for expressing our opinions? You're in the minority here.

*In monotone Robot Voice* I-did-respond-to-the-original-post-and-sub sequent-postings. I-did-not-harp-on-anyone-for-expressing-an y- opinion, -that-is-just-simply-not-true. The-only-harping-here-is-you-towards-me. Groucho-Marx-would-be-pleased-with-you. Minority-opinion-has-no-relevance. You-are-not-allowed-to-tell-people-how-to- post. It-violates-the-Terms-of-Use. *Robot Voice over*

Now, you cannot read any inflection or meaning into that because it is monotone and devoid of emotion. Have a nice day! Very Happy
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
anniek wrote:
That's how I feel but I'm considered pro-life because of the situations I believe are right. I don't look down on anyone but strongly encourage not having an abortion when there is a healthy mother and baby. I only voice my opinions. But I do understand it's their choice.

You sound pro-choice to me. Smile
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Birch wrote:
cmyked wrote:

cmyked wrote:

*In monotone Robot Voice* I-did-respond-to-the-original-post-and-sub sequent-postings. I-did-not-harp-on-anyone-for-expressing-an y- opinion, -that-is-just-simply-not-true. The-only-harping-here-is-you-towards-me. Groucho-Marx-would-be-pleased-with-you. Minority-opinion-has-no-relevance. You-are-not-allowed-to-tell-people-how-to- post. It-violates-the-Terms-of-Use. *Robot Voice over*

Now, you cannot read any inflection or meaning into that because it is monotone and devoid of emotion. Have a nice day! Very Happy

lol!
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Birch wrote:
cmyked wrote:

cmyked wrote:

But you told someone to "watch the language" just because they didn't use certain words the way YOU think they SHOULD be used (no matter that they actually used them correctly according to the dictionary!) Who are you to tell someone what language to use when it is used correctly? You need to practice what you preach, man!
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
cmyked wrote:
Same here. Once it reaches viability the only excuse for its death is maternal danger in which a c-section is for some reason out of the question.

I dont think it should be an excuse I dont agree on it but that is for myself, when I was pregnant at like 6 months I really enjoyed it, mind you I made the choice and dont hold it against others.
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
NeutralUsername wrote:

But you told someone to "watch the language" just because they didn't use certain words the way YOU think they SHOULD be used (no matter that they actually used them correctly according to the dictionary!) Who are you to tell someone what language to use when it is used correctly? You need to practice what you preach, man!

Dude, Laughing there is a difference between noting the meaning of words, inflection, and intent versus blatantly telling someone what to post. Using mysogynistic language is notable and I will call it to the poster's attention as is my wont.

That was in a robot voice as well. Cool

Besides, cmyked accused me of not responding to the OP which I did. You sure you want to jump on the bandwagon w/ cmyked?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Birch wrote:

Besides, cmyked accused me of not responding to the OP which I did. You sure you want to jump on the bandwagon w/ cmyked?

Cmyked did accuse birch of going off topic!!! I have never seen you go all out on someone god that would be interesting.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Birch wrote:
NeutralUsername wrote:

Dude, Laughing there is a difference between noting the meaning of words, inflection, and intent versus blatantly telling someone what to post. Using mysogynistic language is notable and I will call it to the poster's attention as is my wont.

That was in a robot voice as well. Cool

It is only YOUR opinion that those words were mysogynistic. That is where you don't understand. You were telling someone what words they SHOULDN'T be using only because you don't like how they can be used. How often do you point out to someone that it can be disrespectful to use the words oriental (when referring to an asian person), midget (when referring to a person with dwarfism), retard (when referring to someone with a mental disability) and other "politically incorrect" words?
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
NeutralUsername wrote:

It is only YOUR opinion that those words were mysogynistic. That is where you don't understand. You were telling someone what words they SHOULDN'T be using only because you don't like how they can be used.

Quote me on that.
Good luck.

NeutralUsername wrote:
How often do you point out to someone that it can be disrespectful to use the words oriental (when referring to an asian person), midget (when referring to a person with dwarfism), retard (when referring to someone with a mental disability) and other "politically incorrect" words?

I don't know if you are being facitious or not, but every single time I hear it. It's part of what I do for a living, actually.
|

replied May 29th, 2008
Um.........the above is.....interesting.... hehe

My reasons for being Prolife are simply because:

*It is against my religious beliefs. In the bible, it says that God hates the shedding of innocent blood.

*I believe that you can't be pro choice without taking choices from other people.

*My doctors and my father wanted me to be aborted and my father actually tried to by beating the crap out of my mother.

*I can't have kids of my own.

*My mom was pretty much on her deathbed when she was having both my younger sister (12) and my brother(9), and she told the doctors to save them instead of her if that time came where that choice had to be made. Fortunately, she is still here, letting me gray her hair. : )

*I am also abstinent.

And many other things to back my views.
|

User Profile
replied May 29th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
saria231 wrote:
Um.........the above is.....interesting.... hehe

My reasons for being Prolife are simply because:

*It is against my religious beliefs. In the bible, it says that God hates the shedding of innocent blood.

*I believe that you can't be pro choice without taking choices from other people.

Everything in life that you do is a choice whether you like it or not so if you make choice and not someone else for you than you are actually pro-choice. If for some reason you like other people telling you how to live your daily life than thats your thing but choice affects as a whole and is not just in regards to abortion.

Innoncent, how do you know they are innoncent?

Second off there is a part in the bible that states abortion is okay in certain circumstances and that no sin is greater than another.

In the case of adultery the mother is to be poisened lightly enough that it makes her sick and that she looses child. Phrased along those lines.

If you judge the person who had an abortion you are no better than them.

God is the being who is truly pure, there is no good christians only bad ones. Religion is decided by white and black, purity and evil, if you had a whole civilaztion of purity you wouldnt have balance.

There is also another part noted in the bible that a fetus is held inferior to the mother.

If the woman (pregnant or not_) should ever be harmed by another human being the husband can demand anything from the other being in court. If the woman is killed than the husband can take eye for an eye, limb for a limb etc

The religion is misinterpreted too much not a bad religion but to many people read it for face value it should only be a guideline.

if you call her a murdered, you become a murderer as you committed the same sin and none is greater than another.
|